Your privacy is important to Lantmännen and we strive for a high level of protection in all our personal data processing. All personal data processing carried out within Lantmännen is performed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Within the EU/EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from 25 May 2018 (1). As most of Lantmännen’s companies are covered by European legislation, this policy is based on the GDPR. Local data protection legislation outside the EU/EEA will be taken into account where relevant.
Specific information regarding personal data processing might be provided in connection with Lantmännen’s Digital Channels, which, in such case, will take precedence over this general information.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information, which can be linked directly or indirectly when combined with other data, to a living natural person. This means that different types of information such as name and contact details, IP addresses, competition entries, purchase history, case information and photographs constitute personal data.
(1) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
What personal data do we collect about you?
When you visit our Digital Channels
When you visit or use our Digital Channels, we may collect data that you choose to submit to us, for example your name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number. We may also collect personal data through cookies as described under “Information about cookies - and how to avoid them” below.
When you participate in competitions, other marketing activities, evaluations or tasting panels
If you participate in competitions or other marketing activities organised by any of the companies within Lantmännen, competition entries and other necessary data about you (for example to administer prizes) will be processed. If you participate in an evaluation activity for any of Lantmännen’s products, your ratings and suggestions, as well as data on gender and age, will also be processed. If you participate in tasting panels, we will also process data regarding any food allergies you might have.
When you are in contact with customer services or communicate with us in other ways
When you communicate with us, for example, when you ask customer services something or if you have queries in connection with a complaint regarding a product, we may process case data, other than your contact details, such as customer number, complaints, requests and other data you provide about yourself while in contact with us.
In connection to telephone calls with us regarding sale or purchase of ethanol and grain
If you represent a customer, supplier or other counterparty with whom Lantmännen does ethanol or grain trading (grain, oilseeds and pulses), we may record business related telephone calls between you and the Lantmännen representative. Via the telephone recording we process data such as contact details, information about the content of the call as well as meta data about the telephone call, e.g. time and who participated in the call.
Information about video surveillance in some of Lantmännen´s office buildings
For information about video surveillance in some of Lantmännen´s office buildings please read here.
Purposes for which we process your personal data
We process your personal data for various purposes, depending on whether you visit our Digital Channels, participate in competitions, other marketing activities, evaluations or tasting panels, or communicate with us for other reasons:
- To deliver services or products that you order and to administer our agreements with you;
- To communicate with you and deal with your requests (e.g. handle returns/damages, complaints or comments etc.);
- To handle and respond to legal claims, e.g. during a dispute or litigation, and to document our agreements regarding ethanol and grain trading;
- To prevent fraud, corruption and non-compliance with competition law related to ethanol and grain trading;
- To administer events, competitions and prizes. Competition entries may be published during marketing;
- To follow-up and evaluate Lantmännen’s products, for example through tasting panels;
- To maintain, develop, test and improve our Digital Channels and the technical platforms on which they are delivered;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of our Digital Channels; and
- To market products and services from companies within Lantmännen (including by e-mail and text/picture messages) that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, please contact us at email@example.com . You can also choose to opt-out of electronic marketing by following the link in the e-mail we send to you.
Legal basis for our personal data processing
Lantmännen always processes your personal data in accordance with applicable law. We process your personal data when necessary for the performance of a contract with you, to handle any complaints, or other types of customer service issues. We also process your personal data when we have another legitimate and justifiable interest to do so, for example an interest in marketing our company to visitors on our Digital Channels, an interest in developing our Digital Channels or in communicating with you (e.g. via customer services), or a legitimate interest of preventing fraud, corruption or non-compliance with competition law.
If Lantmännen was to process your personal data for any purpose, which requires your consent under applicable data protection legislation, we will obtain your consent in advance.
Lantmännen will only process your personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes of the processing. We have procedures in place to ensure that your data are erased thereafter.
Security for the protection of personal data
Lantmännen safeguards your personal data with a high level of security and has to this end, implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, amendments, dissemination or destruction.
Restrictions on disclosure of personal data
Lantmännen may appoint external partners to perform tasks on Lantmännen’s behalf, such as providing IT services or helping with marketing, data analysis or statistics. The performance of these services may mean that Lantmännen’s partners, both within and outside the EU/EEA, gain access to your personal data. Companies that manage personal data on Lantmännen’s behalf must always sign an agreement with Lantmännen so that we are able to ensure a high level of protection of your personal data also with our partners. Lantmännen takes special safeguards with regard to partners outside the EU/EEA, such as signing agreements that include the standardised model clauses for data transfer adopted by the EU Commission and which are available on the EU Commission’s website.
Lantmännen may also disclose your personal data to third parties, for example the police or other public authorities, if it concerns criminal investigations or if we are otherwise required to disclose such data by law or public authority decisions.
Lantmännen will not disclose your personal data to any extent other than described in this section.
Right to information and right to lodge a complaint
You have certain rights in relation to the company within Lantmännen that is data controller for your personal data (see the contact details below):
- Right of access (register transcript) – a right to obtain confirmation of and information about the processing of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – a right to have erroneous data rectified.
- Right to erasure – a right to have data removed. This right is limited to processed data, which legally requires your consent, if you withdraw consent and oppose the processing.
- Right to restricted processing – a right to request that the personal data processing is restricted, for example, if you oppose the accuracy of the data. During the investigation of the accuracy of the data, Lantmännen’s access to the data is restricted.
- Right to data portability – a right to request that personal data are transferred from one data controller to another. This right is restricted to data that you have supplied to us yourself.
Information about cookies - and how to avoid them
Lantmännen is only using the data collected through cookies on our websites for its purposes, i.e. not for third parties’ purposes. Sometimes cookies collect personal data, for example, IP addresses and data linked to the IP address, but not personal data directly attributable to you as an individual.
Cookies may either be deleted automatically when the user closes their web browser (so-called “session cookies”) or stored on the user’s computer to facilitate future visits to the website (so-called “persistent cookies”). Likewise, Persistent cookies will be removed automatically after a specified period.